How does it sound being able to make your own jewellery just within a few hours?
If you may recall, I attended a DIY Jewellery Making Workshop with Longue Vue Design last year. I loved it so much and I decided to attend another workshop with them on foiling (will elaborate more later).
This time round, when I entered the workshop venue, I was pleasantly surprised to see my name on the table. 🙂Before we started, the founder Alice Chevalier briefed us on the foiling technique and guided us on making shapes with the beautifully coloured clay pieces.
The class size is kept small with a total of 7 students.
The main focus of this workshop is the foiling technique which basically means applying gold, rose gold or silver foils on the clay. ❤I love the colours! The first thing we made was a clay dish. They would have to be baked after moulding and foiling.Tadaa! Here’s our art work!
Thereafter, it was time to move on to create our own earrings~
Take a look at my final product. I love the pastel blue shade and the silver specks!Placing it on my clay dish. It goes so well! There were many Instagram worthy corners at the workshop venue and I was just busy snapping away. LOLMoving on to the necklace making~
I must highlight that even though I attended the class alone, I don’t feel left out at all as we were just chit-chatting and laughing at the various blunders we made along the way. 🙂7 of us created so many different shapes. I must say, we are a creative bunch.
The final step was to string everything together using cords and metal chains provided.
Here’s some product shots. I love them all and it feels like I created my own jewellery line in around 3 hours. ❤ Workshop content
1. What will you learn?
- Basics about clay
- Creating different types of shapes/beads (round, flat beads, tubes, square, cone, cylinder etc)
- Learn 2 new advanced techniques: foiling (creating gold speckled on clay) and gradient effect and stripes (with 2 or more colours)
- How to protect the gold speckled effect: glazing methods
- Tips and tricks to finish your beads and avoid disaster
2. What’s included and what will you make?
- half-day of hands-on making, fun, creativity and chatter
- at least 1 necklace and 1 pair of earrings (with 925 silver) made by you
- all materials imported from US/Taiwan (silver, gold-filled metal) and Japan (cords) and Korea/US (gold metal chains)
- yummy refreshments
3. Price : SGD165 (all materials + refreshment included).
Special discounts for kids and group bookings. You can contact email@example.com for more details.
This workshop is suitable for corporate retreats and bonding with your bffs. Bringing home my creation in Longue Vue Design’s paper bag.
To sign up for the workshops (either necklace or earrings), click here.
If you are too lazy to make your own accessories, you can purchase them at www.longuevuedesign.com (15% discount on orders for new customers) or visit the following stores.
- Naiise, Orchard Gateway, 277 Orchard Road, #02-02/24, S238858
- Naiise, 112 Katong, 112 East Coast Road, #01-31/32, S428802
That’s all from me. Don’t forget to check out these amazing jewellery!